Sunday, November 9, 2008

A snap shot of Virginia



Can't say I didn't think about it...a few times.  I thought wouldn't it be nice to be back in our cozy little town home with our great friends and clean, friendly neighborhood.  Access to a cute little preschool, gym for free (well, free with the homeowners dues).  Special dinners for Allie, Mexican food galore and of course fresh sushi.  I did think about not getting on that plane back.  But when reality set in and I thought of the opportunity handed to us of living in PARIS and the diamond in the rough not yet explored by me, well, I got on the plane happily.  Not just because our cats were probably tearing up our apartment but because of the things I have yet to experience, explore, take advantage of and teach Allie about.  The beautiful Eiffel Tower twinkling from our bedroom window, the Rodin museum without the tourists, the Luxembourg gardens with the boats and the new ducklings floating peacefully together.  Life is good and it is time to take advantage of it and not look to the past for greener pastures.  My mantra this month.

One more week of travel.   We are tired monkeys but looking forward to the next trip.  Oslo, Norway beckons. 

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

What did Allie think of being stateside again? Did she beg to stay?

Norway! Way cool ... OK, probably pretty chilly, actually.

Les pauvre chats, being left alone so long. I hope they have friendly caretakers while you are away.