Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Welcome J.E.B.

Some days I wonder why we choose to move around so much.  I question our choices and places we have lived.  Some days you just wish you were stationary and not a million miles away from the ones you love.  Today is one of those days.
Today my best friend had a beautiful baby boy and all I could do was wait and wait and wait by the phone or computer to get some inkling of what was happening.  
I just received the call from her and her baby arrived safely one hour ago.  I cried.  Happy tears and sad.  Sad because I am not there to pop open some champagne and toast to the new member of her family.  After all, besides my parents she was the one holding the little monkey on day one of her arrival.  
Like I said some days you realize family and friends trump all else and where we are truly the happiest is as close to them as we can be.

No comments: