Saturday, February 13, 2010

A hard-earned win

It was a tough competition, but I finally prevailed. This test of wills was legendary; two committed foes convincing themselves that a tiny chip of soap no bigger than a finger nail was sufficient for cleaning. At times the drama was tense. Who would blink? Would the soap chip dissolve at last? Would it go down the drain if dropped? The stakes were substantial; the loser, broken of spirit and faced with the prospect of a rinse instead of a proper shower, would be forced to take a new bar of soap from under the sink, remove it from its box and place it in the soap dish.

Like anything in life, the worthwhile things are not easy. While proud of my accomplishment, I am humbled too by the tenacity of my foe. She didn't back down. She just could no longer see the soap, it was so small and thin.

And now, I am off to take my own shower, blessed with an almost impossibly large brick of soap with which to clean. And the next Battle of the Soap Bar begins.

1 comment:

Kitten Herder said...

You are a truly twisted individual. This could explain the 'stinky' FB post a while back.