Thursday, October 9, 2008

From a grateful daughter

Today is a very quiet day.  It is the first day in a long time I am on my own again.  Allie is safely tucked away at school and Troy is at work making me some money!
Now that my parents are safe and sound at home in California I can look back on the last four weeks of our great visit together.  That's right folks, my parents were here in Paris for four weeks. Troy had three weeks worth of travel so it worked out perfect.
Some of you might cringe or head for the hills when thinking of your parents visiting that long but not me. I had a great time and apart from a couple illnesses I think they did too. 
We went to several parks, several museums, which by the way I had not gone to any as of four weeks ago.  We strolled along the river, we saw awesome cathedrals in the pouring rain.  We dodged the fast paced Parisians around town, as I also introduced them to the poop dodge too.  My parents made several trips to the Eiffel Tower and window shopped down Victor Hugo.  I took them to see the great sparkling site of the Eiffel Tower at night.  We visited the Champs Elysees several times and dad and I even visited the famous street after 10:00 p.m. because we had to go to the 24 hour pharmacy there.  We ate at some restaurants but more so enjoyed each others company with some good home cooked meals.  We built a great routine of cocktail hour at the Brasserie right next to my house while we people watched and waited to pick up the little monkey from school.  We were able to get the apartment in better shape by hanging all the pictures, with much thought and detail, thanks dad.  They went along with me as I wheeled my trolley to the grocery store and they even got used to going to the stores on their own. It was great weather, great company and memories that will last.  Allie had a special time with her grandparents, I even got to go out on my first girls night and Troy was able to travel for work more confidently knowing I wasn't getting on the next plane home.
So again, as I hang out at home today getting stuff done and trying to fold the fitted sheets as well as my mom can I feel grateful for every opportunity I have and thankful to be able to share it with my mom and pops. Thanks for a great four weeks!
  

1 comment:

Bob said...

If we promise not to stay 4 weeks will we get the same treatment?
Hugs, Bob & Carol