Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lack of postings - editor's note

Some have wondered what happened to our pace of postings. We have indeed flagged a little, but with very good reason. Please see the letter from our editor below.

Greetings. For those unfamiliar with French life, the month of August is the designated vacation month when Paris becomes a ghost town and the villages empty toward the coast. As editor, I too am entitled to go "en vacances."  Therefore, I will not be editing Monkeys in Paris posts for a while. Maybe a long while. I am entitled to 30 days of vacation, and I intend to use all of it. You Americans are jealous, aren't you?  Yes, I can see it in your shiny little eyes and your pouting, moist McDonald's-"freedom-fry" eating lips.  Well, "HA" I say to you. HA! I will come back rested in a way you will never know with your piddly two weeks a year. And when I do come back, the posts will be superior. They will put Voltaire to shame. Victor Hugo himself will wish he had written them. Not that I have much to work with, mind you, these Monkeys, but I am a professional.

I have written too much. I am tired. I must return to my holidays now. Au revoir!

Sorry for the delay in postings. We will have something out soon, and maybe a new editor to boot.
 

1 comment:

elmore3 said...

Well..okay then. See ya in September!